Most definitely. Be sure to check out local and state regulations but, generally, you can use a tracker on your own car without notifying the guest. In fact, we have found that using trackers increases peace of mind, aids in resolving disputes, and can help prevent theft. We have partnered with a manufacturer of small portable GPS trackers, Family1st, to provide free devices to DriveShare car owners (monthly data fees may apply). You can find more information here.
Articles in this section
- Does DriveShare have any age requirements?
- How do I keep my car clean between rentals?
- How does the vehicle rental check out/check in process work?
- Where should I meet my guest with my car for the rental?
- What if I rent my car and bypass DriveShare?
- Where can I find paper copies of the check in/check out forms?
- What happens if I decline a rental?
- Can I use a GPS tracker on my car during rentals?
- What if a guest gets a ticket in my car?
- What if a guest doesn’t show up?