Most definitely. Be sure to check out local and state regulations but, generally, you can use a tracker on your own car without notifying the renter. In fact, we have found that using trackers increases peace of mind, aids in resolving disputes, and can help prevent theft. We have partnered with a manufacturer of small portable GPS trackers, Family1st, to provide free devices to DriveShare car owners (monthly data fees may apply). You can find more information here.
Articles in this section
- Does DriveShare have any age requirements?
- How do I keep my car clean between rentals?
- Where do I exchange my car with the renter?
- What if I rent my car and bypass DriveShare?
- Where can I find paper copies of the check in/check out forms?
- What happens if I decline a rental?
- Can I use a GPS tracker on my car during rentals?
- What if a renter gets a ticket in my car?
- What if a renter doesn’t show up?