Unfortunately, due to New York state insurance regulations, DriveShare is unable to offer rentals in New York. This applies to cars registered in NY as well as to trips beginning in New York State. For example, a vehicle registered in a neighboring state can be picked up in that that state and driven into New York and later returned to the other state. However, a DriveShare rental cannot be picked up from a location in New York or delivered by the owner for a rental beginning in the state.
Articles in this section
- How do I know my car will be safe?
- Is insurance included with every rental?
- Where can I find Insurance ID cards?
- Is roadside assistance included with the rental?
- Who sets the insured value?
- What if I rent out my car outside of DriveShare?
- Can I self-insure or use my own insurance?
- What if I have insurance through Hagerty?
- Will my current insurance policy respond if I have a loss while renting my vehicle?
- Will my hired driver be insured by DriveShare?