DriveShare is back by Hagerty! Your Hagerty policy does not cover instances in which your car is used for commercial purposes, such as for-pay rentals or chauffeured services. However, if the rental takes place through DriveShare (reserved and paid for through DriveShare.com), DriveShare provides primary insurance coverage during the rental period and any claims would need to be submitted through DriveShare. Your Hagerty policy would still cover personal use of the car or storage when not in use as a DriveShare rental.
Articles in this section
- How do I know my car will be safe?
- Is insurance included with every rental?
- Where can I find Insurance ID cards?
- Is roadside assistance included with the rental?
- Who sets the insured value?
- What if I rent out my car outside of DriveShare?
- Can I self-insure or use my own insurance?
- What if I have Hagerty Insurance?
- Will my current insurance policy respond if I have a loss while renting my vehicle?
- Will my hired driver be insured by DriveShare?