DriveShare requires a security deposit (minimum $500) before you may drive any car. If your payment card is a debit card, this amount will be deducted from your account; if it is a credit card, the amount will be pre-authorized. In each case, this will usually happen when you initially rent the car. However, if the trip is scheduled to start more than a week from the time you’ve paid for the rental, the security deposit will be charged 7 days prior to the trip starting; if the security deposit fails, your trip will be automatically cancelled. This deposit will be reversed 72 hours after you return the car in the condition that you first rented it. Depending on your bank and the means of payment, it may take up to 7 business days after we release the deposit for the funds to be available in your account. Credit cards will usually show a swifter return of the funds availability, as they will be a release of authorization.
Articles in this section
- How do I rent a car?
- What methods of payment can I use?
- Is there an age limit for renting?
- How do I become an approved DriveShare driver?
- Can I rent a car with a non-U.S. driver's license?
- When do I get charged for a rental?
- Can I rent a car for an upcoming event?
- What kind of car can I rent?
- What if there is an issue with the car?
- How does pick up and drop off work?