While we cannot speak to the language in all automobile policies, many policies contain an exclusion if the vehicle is being rented to another for a fee. When a vehicle is being rented through DriveShare, our insurance policy provides both liability and physical damage coverage for the vehicle for the entire rental period subject to the policy terms, conditions and exclusions.
Articles in this section
- Will a hired driver be insured by DriveShare?
- Does DriveShare have a sample insurance policy available?
- Can I self-insure or use my own insurance?
- How much liability insurance does DriveShare's policy cover?
- How does insurance work?
- Who sets the insured value?
- What if the unthinkable happens, and the car is damaged?
- Will my current insurance policy respond if I have a loss while renting my vehicle?
- What if I rent my car and bypass DriveShare?