While we cannot speak to the language in all automobile policies, many policies contain an exclusion if the vehicle is being rented to another for a fee. When a vehicle is being rented through DriveShare, our insurance policy provides both liability and physical damage coverage for the vehicle for the entire rental period subject to the policy terms, conditions and exclusions.
Articles in this section
- How does insurance work?
- What if I have Hagerty Insurance?
- How much liability insurance does DriveShare's policy cover?
- How do I file a claim?
- Will a hired driver be insured by DriveShare?
- Can I self-insure or use my own insurance?
- Who sets the insured value?
- Will my current insurance policy respond if I have a loss while renting my vehicle?
- What if I rent my car and bypass DriveShare?
- Does DriveShare have a sample insurance policy available?