It’s easy to use DriveShare to find your next dream ride to rent. Here’s how:
- Before you can reserve a car, you must register on DriveShare. It’s free to become a member. Just click “Sign Up” from the menu.
- Search for cars from the home page. Look for cars by entering a ZIP code, city or state. You can also search by car make.
- Filter the results by choosing specific vehicle details or zooming in and out on the map.
- Selecta car you like and look over the details.
- Choose between Driving, Chauffeured, or Event rentals.
- A Driving Rental allows you to drive the car.
- An Event Rental is for use of the car as display only; it will not be driven on public roads.
- A Chauffeured Rental is just what you think: the car’s owner or his or her proxy will drive you in the car.
- Be sure to review the details under the “policies” tab, and pay attention to daily mileage limits.
- The Pick-Up tab gives you a better idea of where the car is located and whether the owner offers delivery or airport pickup options.
- Once you find the car you want, you can first use the “contact owner” button to ask questions, discuss availability, etc., or you can skip that step for the “reserve” option.
- After you book a car, you must become a verified driver if you’ll be driving. So will anyone else that will be driving the car on this rental trip. You’ll receive a message from DriveShare to walk you through it.
- Communicate directly with the owner of the car to figure out trip details ahead of time.
- Download the free DriveShare app for iPhone and Android. It will help you connect with the car owner and make future rentals easy, as well.
- Test drive the car during pick up. Make sure you understand any old-car quirks or operational details.
- Stay in touch with the owner via DriveShare messaging on the app, or text or call if you have any issues during the rental period. Direct any other questions to the DriveShare support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have fun, be safe, and be sure to take a lot of pictures!
- Leave a review of the car, the owner and the overall experience on com.
*Please note that all drivers need to by 25 years of age or older to rent from DriveShare.
*Remember: The first time you book a driving rental, the results from the driver verification could take up to 72 hours, so make sure you’ve given yourself enough time before your desired trip.